Forward Motion Campaign
WE ARE GROWING!
Groton Community School has deep roots in the community, growing and flourishing with the children and families that we have served for decades. Now, we are embarking on a new growth endeavor in an exciting Forward Motion Project and Capital Campaign to renovate and expand the school.
We began the public phase of our campaign in April 2018, with a special event to celebrate just how far we have come in the quiet phase of fundraising, and also to energize us for the road ahead! Click to learn more about our Forward Motion Kickoff Celebration.
Be a part of our future as we continue to grow!
Click to DONATE to our Forward Motion Campaign.
HEALTHY ROOTS WITH ROOM TO GROW
From its founding, the school’s mission has been to provide the most positive first school experience for children and their families. At the same time, our dedicated teachers are committed to instilling in our children the values of kindness and caring for others, community awareness, and good citizenship.
For a while, a familiar quote assured us that everything we needed to know we had learned in kindergarten. But the truth of the matter is that the basic building blocks of a vibrant, caring and engaged person begin forming before the tender age of two. Groton Community School has made a profound difference in the lives of children from their toddler and preschool years, to kindergarten, and beyond.
Learn about the history and future of our school in this video about our project:
Watch Forward Motion Committee Members on Around Town:
Click to see a second appearance about our Forward Motion on The Groton Channel’s Around Town!
- Enlarge Classrooms More»We will enlarge our classrooms to include enhanced activity centers and creative display areas, as well as creating additional space for even more flexibility in programs offered. These classrooms will be a place where our community’s children are learning, at the core, lessons that will help them succeed in life and challenge them to be the engaged and caring citizens of generations to come.
- Create Staff Spaces More»We will care for our teachers and staff by creating Staff Spaces for curriculum planning and collaboration, and enabling quiet moments for lunch and conversation.
- Build Community Room More»We will build a bright and spacious, multipurpose Community Room for performances and school-wide events where children have the opportunity to grow in their physical development, and where open lectures can be offered and functions held for the community.
- Construct Library, Technology and Resource Center More»We will construct a dedicated Library, Technology and Resource Center offering over 3,000 books of high quality children’s literature, digital resources, and small group “learning labs” allowing children to discover where their imaginations can take them.
- Redesign Program Center More»We will redesign our Program Center where families are warmly welcomed into our school, with meeting spaces for private family conferences, and where resources are provided to enhance communication and collaboration among parents and exceptional teachers.
- Ensure Sustainability More»We will ensure sustainability in our thinking and building practices to protect the future of our school, the health of our community, and also to instill a sense of environmental stewardship in our children.
INSIDERS CAN WATCH US GROW!
Check back to see our Forward Motion take root, bud, grow and blossom. Or better yet, sign up for an Insider’s view. You will receive personal emails from our Campaign Chair with the very latest updates. See our Insider Updates Archive for what you may have missed.
Linda Kosinski, Director
Groton Community School
110 Boston Road, Groton, MA 01450
“The Forward Motion Campaign secures the long-term health of our school and the community it serves by ensuring the financial strength and sustainability of our programs, staff, and facilities.” …Linda Kosinski, Director
Steering Committee Members
Kathleen Barron, Eric Bach, Daniel Barton, Christine Cline, John Conner, Jenn Greenwood, Thomas Horsman, Betsy Kehoe, Linda Kosinski, Stephen Lane, Beth Lindstrom, Deborah MacDonald, Terri Martin, Chuck McKinney, Robinson Moore, David Moulton, Deborah Penney, Lisa Stafford, Steve Webber, and Jolene Zukauskas.